Employer: Oregon RFID, Inc. aka Oregon RFID
Job Title: Ecological Applications Specialist
Salary: $85,842 per year.
Position Summary: Provide scientific and technical expertise to manufacturer and seller of frequency PIT tags and readers used worldwide for environmental studies and commercial operations to monitor the movement and behavior of fish and wildlife.
- Provide detailed technical support to customers building RFID PIT tag systems with Oregon RFID products to gather data electronically for research and analysis. Help with site specific issues including different power sources, noise issues, salt water and antenna size
- Provide suggestions for new RFID features to assist customers in their study of fish and wildlife based on professional knowledge of the Oregon RFID products and the environmental fish and wildlife science. Help as needed with R programming
- Help develop digital marketing for virtual sites, the Oregon RFID You Tube channel and other platforms.
- Attend national and international meetings to give presentations and/or provide classes on RFID as it pertains to fish and wildlife studies.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master’s in Zoology, Wildlife Biology or a related field (U.S. or foreign-equivalent degree acceptable).
- Four (4) years of technical and field experience in monitoring and studying fish migration through fish ladders
- Technical skills /experience must include installation and maintenance of RFID-HDX systems on fish ladders; and collection, identifying, and marking of fish with PIT and/or dart-type tags.
- Domestic and international travel required: 10% or less per year (1 to 3 domestic and 1 international trip per year).
Please send cover letter and resume by mail to Oregon RFID, (Attn: Job Application) 2421 SE 11th Avenue, Portland, OR 97214
We will not be accepting phone calls regarding this position. Only resumes by mail will be considered.
Job applicant must be legally authorized to work permanently in the United States
Oregon RFID is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.